|« GVF Format||GENCODE: Generating release files »|
QSEQ File Format
QSEQ is a plain-text file format for sequence reads produced directly by many current next-generation sequencing machines. The content can be described as follows.
Each record is one line with tab separator in the following format:
- Machine name: unique identifier of the sequencer.
- Run number: unique number to identify the run on the sequencer.
- Lane number: positive integer (currently 1-8).
- Tile number: positive integer.
- X: x coordinate of the spot. Integer (can be negative).
- Y: y coordinate of the spot. Integer (can be negative).
- Index: positive integer. No indexing should have a value of 1.
- Read Number: 1 for single reads; 1 or 2 for paired ends.
- Sequence (BASES)
- Quality: the calibrated quality string. (QUALITIES)
- Filter: Did the read pass filtering? 0 - No, 1 - Yes.